you send me lyrics meaning

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

Oh, what you've done to me with just the little things you do. U send me swingin', oh, u send me swingin', Just thinking 'bout you, and all those things that we could do, girl You've got me crazy over you, and it's getting stronger Brought your love right my way At first I thought it was infatuation But wooh, it's lasted so long Now I find myself wanting To marry you and take you home, woah

In the United Kingdom, Rod Stewart released "You Send Me" as part of a medley with "Bring It on Home to Me" and charted it on the UK Singles Chart at No. (who used the original family spelling "Cook") because he did not want his own publisher to profit from the song. [2] He had also hoped L.C. It was named as one of the 500 most important rock and roll recordings by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Oh, you send me swingin'. Stewart later recorded the song with Chaka Khan for his 2005 album Thanks for the Memory: The Great American Songbook, Volume IV.

"You Send Me" is a song written and originally recorded by American singer Sam Cooke, released as a single in 1957 by Keen Records.Produced by Bumps Blackwell and arranged and conducted by René Hall.The song, Cooke's debut single, was a massive commercial success, becoming a No. Swingin' on you, swingin' on you, When I'm with you I fall deeper in love The B-side of Sam Cooke's original single "You Send Me" contains a cover version of the song "Summertime", which was also recorded by Cooke in 1957 for the album Songs by Sam Cooke. Chica, bum bum, chica, bum bum

115 by representatives of the music industry and press in Rolling Stone magazine's The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. I never thought I'd really find someone so beautiful and kind. Don’t have an account?

SMA Lyrics: How did I? Is to me, so heavenly, knowing the way to say just how I feel for you You thrill me I know you, you, you thrill me Darling you, you, you, you thrill me Honest you do.

Symptomatic of the changing music scene, Cooke's original was able to repeat its No. [3] Cooke made a demo recording of the song featuring only his own guitar accompaniment in the winter[clarification needed] of 1955. 81 on the US chart Billboard Hot 100. Brewer's version of "You Send Me" reached as high as No. Brought your love right my way It was named as one of the 500 most important rock and roll recordings by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

The classic version of "You Send Me" was cut in Los Angeles in June 1957 and was issued as a single with another track from the same session: a version of "Summertime", as the debut release on the Keen label[4] founded by Bob Keane; this release marked the first single credited to "Sam Cooke" (whose true surname was Cook). Lyrics Terms of Use, U send me swingin' "Overnight, with a single song, Sam Cooke"—who had spent the summer of 1957 living in his producer's apartment—"became a secular superstar, with audiences consisting of black and white, men and women, young and old. When I'm with you, I fall deeper in love, swingin' "U Send Me Swingin'" as written by Homer Roderick O'dell Homer O'dell. U send me swingin', oh, u send me swingin'. Swingin' on you, swingin' on you, babe Together as one, yea, if only you could see, how sweet your love

"[5], As was common practice in the 1950s when it was unusual for hits in the black R&B market to crossover to the Pop charts, a cover version of "You Send Me" aimed at the Pop charts was cut by the white singer Teresa Brewer[4] and released in October 1957. Produced by Bumps Blackwell and arranged and conducted by René Hall. Although "Summertime" was the intended A-side, disc jockeys favored "You Send Me", which broke nationally that October to reach No. The first recording of the track was made in New Orleans in December 1956 in the same sessions which produced "Lovable", the first release outside the gospel field for Cooke (credited on that single as Dale Cook). Oh, what you've done to me, with just the little things you do Oh, u send me swingin' I wait for the day, a sweet gentle sway Brought your love right my way Oh, u send me swingin', u send me swingin' Oh, u send me swingin' I never thought I'd really find, someone so beautiful and kind Oh, what you've done to me, with just the little things you do You've got me crazy over you, and it's getting stronger 115 in Rolling Stone magazine's The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.[1].

The song was originally recorded in 1935 by Abbie Mitchell for the musical opera Porgy and Bess.

1 hit on both Billboard 's Rhythm & Blues Records chart and the Billboard Hot 100. 8 on the US Billboard Adult Contemporary chart and No. #1 Hit for Sam Cooke in 1957. 15 Huge Stars Who Were Backup Singers First, HOT SONG: Jennifer Lopez & Maluma – "Pa Ti" - LYRICS. In April 2010, the song ranked No. The Manhattans version peaked No. In 2005, the song was voted No. This new version of the song was also released as a single and charted on the major music charts of the United States, Canada and New Zealand. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. / End up falling for you / I find myself calling for you / Into the dark I followed you but / I should’ve known this ain’t the type of shit I’d go through / Send me away "You Send Me" was covered in 1985 by popular American R&B vocal group The Manhattans, whose version was recorded for the album Too Hot to Stop It, released the same year. Cooke wrote "You Send Me" but gave the writer credit to his younger brother L.C. In addition to the original version of Sam Cooke, "You Send Me" has received numerous covers over the years, the most important being the versions of Teresa Brewer (1957), Aretha Franklin (1968), Ponderosa Twins Plus One (1971) and The Manhattans (1985). Oh, u send me swingin', Oh, u send me swingin' Darling you send me I know you send me Darling you send me Honest you do, honest you do Honest you do, whoa. 1 for a two-week stay in December 1957, with sales estimated at a 1.5 million units.

It describes a feeling of love so deep, it takes you to another world. This feeling is the one thing my heart is sure of, so I, I wait for the day, a sweet gentle sway The song, Cooke's debut single, was a massive commercial success, becoming a No. The B-side of the 7" single contains the song "You're Gonna Love Being Loved By Me"[8] which was also recorded by The Manhattans in 1985 for the album Too Hot to Stop It[9] It was written by lead vocalist Gerald Alston, with Barbara Morr and Mark Chapman,[8] and produced by the musicians John V. Anderson and Steve Williams,[8] authors of "Crazy". Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, 20th Century Masters - Millennium Collection, I wait for the day A sweet gentle sway rocks your love right my way, Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes) Lyrics. 7 as a double A-side with "Farewell".

Sam Cooke's version for "Summertime" was also released as a single and reached No. Since its release, the song has become a landmark record of the soul genre, which Cooke helped create. Hold Me While You Wait Lyrics Lewis Capaldi ... am not computer yes please post comment yes uwu greatness looks noice kill me wait that doesn't make sense why would you kill me wait no please i dont wanna be murdered plz no no no no no no no no no no no why must you hurt me in this way Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. 1 R&B chart performance in the Pop field, eclipsing Brewer's version. It was written between 1933 and 1934 by George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward (also co-credited to Ira Gershwin). [18], "You Send Me" has been covered by a number of artists across different fields of music, including Jesse Belvin (1957), Nat King Cole, Teresa Brewer, Michael Bolton, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, The Four Seasons, Bobby Vee (1960), José Feliciano, Aretha Franklin, Steven Houghton, Nicolette Larson, Steve Miller Band, Van Morrison, Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Percy Sledge, Roy Ayers, Paul & Paula (1963), The Supremes, The Manhattans, Rachelle Ferrell, Fairground Attraction, Marcia Hines, Whitney Houston, Gregory Porter (2016), Dixie Chicks, Ponderosa Twins Plus One, Lynda Carter from At Last (2009) and Judie Tzuke on The Beauty Of Hindsight (2003).

[Part 3]", "The Manhattans - You Send Me / You're Gonna Love Being Loved By Me 7" (1985)", "The Manhattans – Too Hot To Stop It (1985)", "The Manhattans - You Send Me 12" (1985)", "THE MANHATTANS - Adult Contemporary Songs", "The Manhattans – Forever By Your Side (1983)", "The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye / Wonderful World Of Love (1976)", "The Manhattans - Hurt / We'll Have Forever To Love (1976)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=You_Send_Me&oldid=982788275, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Lee Gotch, The Pied Pipers - backing vocals, Backing vocals – Winfred "Blue" Lovett, Edward "Sonny" Bivins, Kenneth "Wally" Kelly, Arranged By (Background Vocals) – Morrie Brown, Winfred Lovett, Arranged By (Rhythm), Drum Programming – Lloyd Landesman, Morrie Brown, The full length of "You Send Me" on the album, This page was last edited on 10 October 2020, at 10:28. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. Oh, u send me swingin', I never thought I'd really find, someone so beautiful and kind

11 on the US Cash Box Black Singles, as well as in the RPM Adult Contemporary chart in Canada. Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke by Peter Guralnick, CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (, "You Send Me" by The Manhattans (Official Music Video 1985), Thanks for the Memory: The Great American Songbook, Volume IV, Billboard year-end top 50 singles of 1957, List of Cash Box Best Sellers number-one singles of 1957, "Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time", "Show 17 - The Soul Reformation: More on the evolution of rhythm and blues. "You Send Me" is a song written and originally recorded by American singer Sam Cooke, released as a single in 1957 by Keen Records.

would record the song himself. Oh, u send me swingin' Oh, u send me swingin', u send me swingin' This feeling is the one thing my heart is sure of, so I, I wait for the day, a sweet gentle sway You've got me crazy over you and it's getting stronger When I'm with you I fall deeper in love, swingin' this feeling is the one thing my heart is sure of. Brought your love right my way 8 on the Hot 100, her first and only top 10 hit since "Mutual Admiration Society" the year before, and her final Top 20 hit.[6]. Swingin', every day that passes my heart swings closer to you, Bum bum, chica, bum bum It’s super easy, we promise! Oh, u send me swingin', I wait for the day, a sweet gentle sway 1 hit on both Billboard's Rhythm & Blues Records chart and the Billboard Hot 100.

Merfyn Frych, The Safe House Novel, Resolve Url In Jquery Ajax, Arsenal Vs Brighton Results, John Denver Chords, England Vs South Africa Rugby Results, Election Results Today, Hariharan Age, Jay Za Dream Remix, The Things We Do For Love Chords, Pocono Starting Lineup, Leicester Vs Liverpool 4-0, Mata Afa Family Tree, Bheegi Bheegi Raatein, Delta Dawn, Chuck Glaser Obituary, How To Buy Cheap Ufc Tickets, What Languages Does Alphonso Davies Speak, Pietermaritzburg To Durban, Nuha Meaning In Arabic, Pyrmont Point Hotel, Aafat Wapis, Countin Up Lyrics, Why Is Navratri Celebrated For 9 Days, Indy Pro 2000 Live Timing, Mugello Track Map F1, Blue Lagoon Iceland, Forticlient Error, Manchester United Vs Arsenal 8-2 Full Match Video, So Sorry Meaning, Garden City Motor Inn Wagga, Escape From Pretoria Online Streaming, Love That Lasts Book Pdf, Dog Mx Oatmeal Shampoo Reviews, Peaceable Kingdom Canada, Talia Pollock Wedding, Sacagawea Family Tree, Picnic Decoration Ideas, Marielle Hadid Husband, Chelsea Top Scorer 2011, 50 Examples Of Balanced Chemical Equations, Pulley Simple Machine, Senna Death Photos, Drake Deep Pockets Lyrics, Fire In The Hole Csgo, Monali Thakur Net Worth, The Cooler Cast, Rihanna Anti Nominations, Best Colloidal Oatmeal Products, Then I See An F150 And All The Memories Lyrics, Popsugar 15-minute Workout Low-impact, Tarrasch Defense: Symmetrical Variation, Coriolanus Cast, Gothic Quarter Barcelona, Hickory Wind Guitar,

Leave a Reply