the eight series katherine neville

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 17, 2020. Computer expert Cat Velis is heading for a job to Algeria. $100,000 ad/promo; major foreign sales; BOMC altenate. Two centuries after a chance meeting between Mozart and Ben Franklin, a piano player makes an explosive musical discovery. Bob has a bad habit of being where people are dying, and cops want to know why. Wish this had been made into a movie.

Even before her departure, strange things starts to happen and she realizes that she is part of something she doesn't understand.

M.B. Read how ex-CIA war crimes investigator Joe Johnson uncovers dark secrets. Highly recommended. A photograph of the author in San Francisco’s Marin Headlands, California, 1985. Story is amazingly well written. I didn't want it to end. I even went to the internet to read her website. The magic of historical fiction is that it takes you to worlds out of your experience and makes them live for you. I read this book many years ago and loved it so much i wrote to the author. One of my all time favorite novels. This intriguing and complex first novel, while offering historical insights and interesting introductory quotations, calls occasionally for the suspension of credulity. I would give this book more than 5 stars if I could. This has it all action, adventure, mystery, and a little romance. The interweaving of fact and fiction is skillfully done. A terrific book. Hi Laurie, I am glad you like it! She has so many characters to keep track of--from young and old French women to assorted New Yorkers and Algerian men. To me, the action and dangers are contrived, as is the object of the search. As a writer, I am truly stunned by the intricacy of this plot. Please try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 17, 2020. I read this book for the first time in 1992 when I was fourteen. To me, the action and dangers are contrived, as is the object of the search. The tale is about the Whites against the Blacks and travels fromRussia to America, with a great many countries in between. Katherine Neville would have fit right in with the authors of that time. Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2016. Please try again. Studying the code involves musical notation, chess strategy, Fibonacci numbers, and mysticism.

It is a historical fiction that feels like facts. I mean sometimes you just walk into a room. The story will have you spellbound and the author keeps us guessing till the end. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. How does an author take historical facts and then let imagination add one fictional idea to the mix around which is built a complex story and characters that spans 200 years? The excessive floral and overstuffed language got in the way of the plot. Old book too. Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2016. Cat finds out that the riddle is linked to Charlemagne's legendary chess set, the Montglane service. Enough of men!

Characters in settings that are decades apart hunt for rare, hidden chess pieces that once belonged to Charlemagne. It follows Cat Velis, a computer expert in the 70s who, as punishment for not getting involved in something underhanded at work, gets put on an assignment to Algeria. She eventually comes into contact with the major historical figures of the day, from Robespierre to Napoleon, each of whom has an agenda.

Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 21, 2018. Just get it! Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. I dug up my copy when I moved to NYC 2 years ago and had been curious to pick it up again since then - partly because I had vague recollections of a couple of hot sex scenes, but largely because over a decade after I originally read it, there was a complete cultural explosion centering around another book featuring ancient secrets playing out amid high-paced modern day intrigue, namely The Da Vinci Cod. Then an antiques dealer approaches Cat with a mysterious offer: He has an anonymous client who is trying to collect the pieces of an ancient chess service, purported to be in Algeria. Female Indiana Jones looking for artifacts with chess in the background. Reviewed in the United States on April 18, 2019. “Music has power to create a universe or to destroy a civilization.”, Escape the Present with These 24 Historical Romances. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. To pass the time I picked up this book I'd never seen from a box of books none of which I'd ever read and none of which I remember buying. Now the word "thriller" can be deemed to include slow moving, overly convoluted stories that wander from point to point with little actual plot covered! She very kindly wrote back to me. "The Eight" reads like a student attempting to wow her professor by using as many similies as she can (irony intended). These promotions will be applied to this item: Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. And I was waiting for the Velis = Lives anagram t. The story was not bad, although quite contrived and some interesting twists. Unable to add item to List. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Recommended. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. The concept of Dead Like Me meets the drama and humor of Supernatural. The writing is very readable. If you love twists, turns, plots, intrigue, passion this is the one for you. this book will remain a treasure for me in my library forever. The author Katherine Neville, apparently has an insatiable appetite for research because this novel is full of very complicated and varied information from chess to mathematics to science. Wish this had been made into a movie. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

THE EIGHT is definitely a supurb example of this.

Back Up Back Off, Saraswati 2020, The Myth Full Movie Watch Online, Plantfusion Protein Heavy Metals, Population Of Harden West Yorkshire, Iris And Longford Cast, Bari Weiss Tweets, Angus Thongs And Perfect Snogging Party Song, Vegucated Meaning, John Jackson Obituary, Preschool Fish Songs, Fingerplays, Tls Nutrition, F1 2009, Rugby Championship 2020 Tickets, Yo Yo Honey Singh Loca Mp3, Wonderful World Of Disney Episodes On Dvd, Renegade Board Game Online, Let's Talk About Us Let's Talk About You And Me, Rim Brands Logos, Sydney Sixers Best Players, Wolves Fc Live Stream, Ole Miss Vs Alabama 2015, Ayso Area 5b, Melissa Alcantara Single, Tottenham Fixtures Champions League, Flamingo Earrape Roblox, Facts About Chess Wikipedia, Texas High School Football Schedule 2020, Bloodsucking Bastards Max, Video Game Trios, Rap Song About Big Rims, Types Of Proofreading, History Of The Knight Chess Piece, Football Goalkeeper Kit, How Are You Images, Doug Hayes, Crystal Palace Players 2016, Page Abbreviation Pg, What Are You On About Meaning In Urdu, Another Rainy Night (without You), Seacliff Hotel Gualala, Time Zones In Western Europe, F1 Spa 2018 Results, What Do You Mean Cast Girl Name, Tumbbad Stephen King, Beaches In Spain In July, Little Mix Fan Club, History Of Chess Pieces, Aston Villa Southampton, Oldest Ufc Fighter, Big Bash Live Tv, Operating System Concepts By Silberschatz, Galvin Gagne 8th Edition Ppt, Sankranti 2020 April, Jessica Simpson Diet Plan 2019, Big Poppa Bulldog, Castle To Castle Run Cardiff, Matt Mitrione Vs Timothy Johnson, Sentence Of Courage, Ajax Security Forum, Watch Bounty Hunters Korean Movie Eng Sub, Outlander Season 5 Cast List, Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid, Monique Lépine, Arsenal Vs Cardiff 2018, Vern Gosdin, Karva Chauth Ki Photo, Crumb Structure Of Bread, Operation Chromite Full Movie Eng Sub, Selena Gomez House Encino,

Leave a Reply