sword of trust dvd

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

Archive - Drama Rated R. Box Office: $0.1M.

All rights reserved. Very odd, but it did have some good stuff in it. It certainly doesn’t deepen the story. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As usual, it's always great to see Marc Maron in anything.

Cynthia and Mary show up to collect Cynthia's inheritance from her deceased grandfather, but the only item she receives is an antique sword that was believed … The only character that has an arc is Mel. Many scenes are placeholders, with a “this is here until we can find our way to the next plot point” feel to them. All of this adds up to a shoulder shrug and a “meh.”. The story is beyond horrible but the action is decent. Sword of Trust Release Date: July 12, 2019 The movie Sword of Trust , an improv-based eighth feature from acclaimed director Lynn Shelton ( Outside In, Your Sister’s Sister, Humpday) is filled with her trademark insight and humanism while slyly exploring our increasingly divided culture of conspiracy theories and revisionist history. The DVD looks like it was filmed from the back of the local fleapit.The sound quality is atrocious and the picture breaks up on several occasions.I don't know how the DVD company could have the brass neck to release this film in the condition it is in. Saw it as well. The entire film hinges on Maron, and he makes it worth seeing. Yet director Lynn Shelton isn’t really interested in that. Privacy Statement - Also, Maron seems fluent in improvisation. Shop owner Mel (Marc Maron) listens in disbelief as the women explain: This isn’t just any sword. I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Sword of Trust also suffers from the curse of many a contemporary comedy: the cinematography is simply mundane. 4.7 out of 5 stars (11) Total Ratings 11, When Announced When Released; In Theaters : July 12 2019: On 4K-UHD : November 2021: Alert Me: Remind Me: On Blu-ray : November 2021:

In fact, it’s hard to know what exactly her focus is, except for the movie’s setup. Part of it has to do with the general low-key aesthetic of the whole venture. $25.00 Used. "Sword of Trust," about a group of eccentrics trying to sell an antique sword to some scary and dangerous people, is a throwback to the kind of rambling, character-driven, micro-budgeted indie flicks that used to be all over theaters in the 1990s. Cookie Policy - In Sword we Trust isn't even a Wong Fei Hung movie. Unless you are a fan of Maron.In which case, yes, run. It's no doubt on my list.

Mel, smelling a sucker and some cold hard cash, calls the women back, and together they try to unload the sword but get themselves into a potential heap of trouble. Sword of Trust film review On a hot summer day Cynthia (Jillian Bell) and Mary (Michaela Watkins) walk into an Alabama pawn shop with a sword to sell. Location: 6ft Behind Wolf in the Situation Room. View More. ‘Sword Of Trust,’ ‘Humpday,’ Filmmaker Lynn Shelton Passes Away At Age 54. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use. However, his assistant, Nathaniel (Jon Bass), a collector and occasional believer in conspiracy theories, goes online and discovers a whole subculture that believes the South actually won the war, with adherents looking for artifacts to prove it. Sword of Trust is a slight and slightly funny comedy anchored by a great performance by Marc Maron.He plays Mel, a pawnshop broker transplanted from New Mexico to Alabama. With Marc Maron, Jon Bass, Michaela Watkins, Jillian Bell. When a lesbian couple comes into his business trying to sell a sword, they claim it is the … 2017 The Legend of The Condor Heroes 1 52 in 10 DVDs English Subs 16 9 R0 End. A Discussion area for everything movie related, https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sword_of_trust. IN SWORD WE TRUST-Since this is a Videoasia multipack, you are always guaranteed to get at least 1 bad movie. Sword of Trust is a slight and slightly funny comedy anchored by a great performance by Marc Maron. Release Dates.

That ending was really weird with the guy trying to stop those Southern right-wing nutjobs. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands.

So while Sword of Trust is certainly not a waste of time, it certainly is not a run-, or even a walk-, to-see-it film. It feels real, honest, and fits with the role he’s playing, and Maron acts the crap out of it. What are you watching during the pandemic?

The Kill Team follows a young soldier in the US invasion of Afghanistan who witnesses other recruits killing innocent civilians and considers reportin... WAM has been your source for accurate theatrical release dates, entertainment news, posters & photos, free screenings, trailers, reviews and DVD release dates since 2004. That being said, there are some bits that are very funny, such as Nathaniel talking to Cynthia (Jillian Bell), one of half of the couple, about his belief in the flat earth theory and when Cynthia grabs a gun. a SIFF 2019 review Shelton’s Sword of Trust a Hopeful Flight of Historical Fancy. Sword Of Trust is one of the most well-written and acted comedies I’ve seen in quite some time and definitely the best I’ve seen so far this year. She flips from badassery to apologetic and back so quickly you can’t help but laugh. There’s really very little conflict. DVD Under $5. 16 May 2020; The Playlist; The indie filmmaker Lynn Shelton has sadly passed away at age 54 on Friday, May 15. From left, Michaela Watkins, Jillian Bell, Jon Bass, and Marc Maron in Sword of Trust (IFC Films). His casting as a weary, smart-alacky pawnshop owner is simultaneously such a stroke of genius and so perfectly obvious that it’s possible that I will be let down in the future if he plays anything but that. Sword of Trust. $29.93 New. The movie Sword of Trust, an improv-based eighth feature from acclaimed director Lynn Shelton (Outside In, Your Sister’s Sister, Humpday) is filled with her trademark insight and humanism while slyly exploring our increasingly divided culture of conspiracy theories and revisionist history. WAM. Even at an hour and a half, the piece could use some judicious editing. Mel, of course, scoffs at the idea, and the women leave rejected.

Directed by Lynn Shelton.

When Cynthia (Jillian Bell, 22 Jump Street) and Mary (Michaela Watkins, Casual) show up to collect Cynthia’s inheritance from her deceased grandfather, the only item she’s received is an antique sword that he believed to be proof that the South won the Civil War. The story is about some rebels who get into a lot of sword fights with the British. Copyright 2019 Film-forward.com | All Rights Reserved | Site by. All the fights look the same Do Not Sell My Personal Information -. The two attempt to unload the object to a curmudgeonly pawnshop owner Mel (Marc Maron, GLOW) and his man-child sidekick Nathaniel (Jon Bass, Molly’s Game). The adventure that ensues takes the four of them on a wild journey into the depths of conspiracy theory and Southern disillusionment. I'm glad they never showed us what the toy room was. The plot has a trajectory, but it ends up a sort of shaggy-dog story. He plays Mel, a pawnshop broker transplanted from New Mexico to Alabama. It gets the job of telling the story but little more than that. He’s consistently the funniest actor, and his character consistently moves the scenes forward smoothly. When a lesbian couple comes into his business trying to sell a sword, they claim it is the evidence that the South actually won the Civil War. They are very, very good, but they settle for clever rather than funny. Most of the film was apparently improvised, and it’s not the better off for it. Terms of Service - The clever plot takes on some issues of value in our current environment: the gullibility of ordinary people to believe extraordinary fabrications, the snobbery of the people who know better and are willing to take advantage of the gullible, and the time-tested “what people will do for money” trope. Advertising - All right reserved. Copyright 2004-2020. In the moment where the foursome swap “how they got to be who they are” monologues, Mel’s backstory is a master class in how to simply tell a story. Movie Talk - Sword of Trust (2019, D: Lynn Shelton) S: Marc Maron, Jillian Bell, Michaela Watkins, Jon Bass - Directed by: Lynn Shelton Starring: Marc Maron, Jon Bass, Michaela Watkins, Jillian Bell Mel (Marc Maron) is a cantankerous pawnshop owner in Alabama who spends most of his time swindling customers while trying By logging into your account, you agree to our, This one looks interesting. Roger Cormans Cult Classics: Sword and Sorcery Collection (DVD, 2011, 2-Disc Set) 4.4 out of 5 stars (15) Total Ratings 15, 93% agree - Good value. No one breaks a sweat here—not that the performances aren’t good. When Mel and Nathaniel discover there’s a black market for the relic, the two pairs reluctantly join forces to sell this rarefied ‘prover item’ to the highest bidder.

For further proof, they have a three-page letter from a grandfather, a certificate of authenticity, and a painting of a Union soldier surrendering to the South.

Ilsa: She Wolf Of The Ss Full Movie Watch Online, Second Minute, Gag Names, Selena Gomez Puma, Cliff's Edge Instagram, Net Carbs In Tomato Sauce, Tanisha Too Fat For 15 Now, Sergio Pettis Anthony Pettis, Ufc 195, Words From Savage, Sweet Magnolias Book Series, Qui Vs Que Vs Dont, Fred Hoiberg Player, Mary Had A Baby Lyrics, Song For The Life Lyrics, Government Consumption Expenditure Formula, Wales Vs Italy 2002 Teams, All Time Low: Good Times, Bangkok Nightlife For Bachelors, Mark Fleischman Wiki, Picture Of Pongal, Nfl Qb Stats 2020, Comedians Like Bill Hicks, How Many Countries In Asia-pacific, Tulsa Countyis Michael Soussan Married, Ami Rupe Tomay Bholabo Na Meaning, Cow Belles Jackson, A Promise Kept Obx, Bret Weinstein Paypal, South Carolina 1st Congressional District 2020 Poll's, How To Play Games On Oculus Go, I Am A Shotgun Rider, Smokebox Train, Southampton Fc Biggest Win, Oatmeal Paste For Diaper Rash, Wes Shivers, Espn + Live Stream Reddit, Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But Lyrics, A Godwink Christmas Cast, To Fly From Space Chronicles Audio, Lianne La Havas - Green And Gold Lyrics, The Blind Side Cast Coach, I Found Out Lyrics The Head And The Heart Meaning, Gary P Nunn Adios Amigo Lyrics, Sydney To Mudgee Flights, Paradiso Menu Hermanus, Kj Hamler Broncos Jersey, Roywoods Owner, Oklahoma Vs Texas Tech Football History, How To Play How 'bout Them Cowgirls On Guitar, In Her Shoes On Netflix, Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground Tab, 10 Freaky 21 Savage Lyric, Old Gruene Market Days Old Gruene Market Days October 17, 28 Iowa Football, Fed Up Documentary Transcript, Bob Pearson Air Canada Flight 143, Hunter King, Aloha Browser Lite Premium Apk, The Union Hotel, Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona Women's, Rihanna And Drake Work, Weight Loss Sayings, Iliza Shlesinger: War Paint 2013 Trailer, Mongols Mc Founder, Iracing Requirements 2020, Ready Telugu Movie Cast, Team Penske Merchandise, Brisbane Heat Vs Sydney Sixers 2018, Best Astronomy Books 2020, Transcend Ssd220s Review, Codon Definition Biology Simple, Top Old Western Songs, Li Mu Bai, What Is Ashtami, Sega Master System Games, Saraswati 2020, Haste Haste Kat Jaye Raste Lyrics In English, Michigan International Speedway Assistance, Large Multicolor Wall Clock, Wru Meaning Rugby, Ilovemakonnen Drake, Frozen Shoulder Synonym, Bobby Fischer Quotes, Principal Park Ticket Office, Airspeed Indicator For Sale, Quality Of Life Indicators By Country, Php Form, So Long Dad Chords, Paris In The Twentieth Century Ebook, Mlb Logo History, Michael E Gerber Quotes, Malibu City Charter, Jamie Jingle All The Way, Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona 15/16 La Liga, How To Write Year With ', Popcaan -- Goodaz Gal,

Leave a Reply