shelley kerr interview

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

What I chose to do was try and deflect that away and try and concentrate as much as possible on the job at hand. “One of our defenders booted the ball clear and it dropped out the sky towards Shelley who was standing with her arms folded at the side of the park. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Shelley didn’t flinch.”. I think the opposite. Kerr believes foundations can be put in place to help women build careers as managers. "I'm an ambitious person, I'm very driven," said Kerr. The third thing is confidence. "It would be no surprise to me if a bigger senior club came in for her within two or three years. He added: “I knew Shelley was as good, if not better, than anyone else around. Celtic's Europa League foes Lille knocked off top spot as Christophe Galtier underlines fatal flaw. ( Log Out /  "Clearly it's interesting and clearly it's news but for us she's the right person for the job," he said. "She has been mentored by the Wales governing body.

We were losing 1-0 to Broxburn and I asked Shelley to conduct the half-time team talk. CCTV images show two men Glasgow cops are hunting after violent street rammy, Officers are eager to trace the two men in the pictures who are both described as white with Scottish accents, Scottish Government announce one coronavirus death and 1,303 cases overnight. “She had a go at our captain, Richie Vannett. You remain the only female manager in the men’s game. "It would be no surprise to me if a bigger senior club came in for her within two or three years," said Gowrie. I’m a great believer that we should be identifying good female coaches and mentoring them, but not before they are ready to do it. In 2014 Shelley Kerr made history, becoming the first female manager in UK senior men’s football. Johnstone said: “Shelley had to put up with a few comments that day, simply for being a woman coach on the sidelines. “The ball came right down on top of her and she didn’t move an inch. He has great qualities. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.

Suffice to say when Kerr leads her Scotland side out to make World Cup history against England on Sunday in the Allianz Riviera, she won’t be subject to the prejudice she faced in Ayrshire. Gary McAllister points to key Rangers strength as 'refreshing' Calvin Bassey singled out for praise, The Ibrox assistant has been impressed with Bassey in Borna Barisic's absence, British special forces storm oil tanker after stowaways threaten crew. "That's the beauty of succession planning, where you can try and bridge that gap and put a programme in place to get to that level.". Kerr was born and raised in Polbeth, next door to Stoneyburn, and was more than equal to the boys in the village when it came to kicking a ball around as kids. Kerr suggests longer playing careers and the amount of time it takes to earn coaching badges may be factors in why so few women come through, but says there are people ready to succeed. Change ). I wanted to focus on the team and because of the media attention that was quite difficult. If doesn’t happen in any other profession. In England 91% of coaches in women’s football are male. Do you think the pathway for women into coaching needs reassessed? “To give a flavour, the home fans told her she should have been in the house instead, doing the dishes. "The interview panel were impressed by her CV and the vision she demonstrated for the club.". So those kinds of things need to be done to progress female coaching.".

Ufc Contender Series Schedule, Gank Your Heart Ep 1 Eng Sub Youtube, Lauryn Hill Kids, Attached In A Way Crossword Clue, 2020 Pongal Date Tamil Calendar, Soylent Powder Shelf Life, Marie Force Green Mountain Books, A Great Big World You Sheet Music, Ew Baby Kaely Roblox Id, Arkansas Women's Basketball Recruiting 2021, Snake Method Square Grill, Closer To My Dreams Drakeo The Ruler Lyrics, Something New Online, Om Gan Ganpataye Namah, Bissell Cyclomop Reviews, Man U Vs Tottenham 2020, Can You Feel Me Song Lyrics, The Town Season 1 Episode 2, Youth Basketball Tournaments Near Me, Who Wrote Jambalaya, Khatija Rahman, Arman Tsarukyan Sherdog, Oasis Food Truck, Modern Problems Nosebleed Scene, Iowa State Football Coaches, Why Is It Important To Spend Time With Friends, Genetic Makeup Or Make-up, Kpop Comebacks July 2020, Nhl Teams That No Longer Exist, Exercise For 60 Year-old Man, Stingray Vs Manta Ray, A Mouse Tale Full Movie, The Myth Full Movie Watch Online, Objective Entrapment, Outwitting The Devil 6 Fears, Transcend Ssd 220s, Xmlhttprequest Open, Sukkot 2019, Liverpool Squad 1981, Xfinity Race Today, Struggle Jennings Wife Name, Piri Reis Map Explained, In Your Head Eminem, Guadalupe River Tubing, If I Could Only Fly Lyrics And Chords, Only Natural Pet Skin Wellness Soft Chews Reviews, Gracie University Review, After Innocence Documentary Youtube, Ashleigh Gardner Parents, The Operative: No One Lives Forever Steam, Leave It Blank Meaning, Critics' Choice Awards 2020 Full Show, Tls Weight Loss Australia, Love Aaj Kal Shayad, Nardwuar Action Bronson, Joe Rogan 1319, Srh Vs Rr 2018, Mad Dog Mccree Rom Mame, Ride Bmx, Sunrisers Hyderabad Sponsors 2019, About Raksha Bandhan In English, Saraswati Puja Vidhanam Pdf, Lianne Sanderson Retired, Invicta Fc 40 Results, Girls Cowboy Boots, Mason Jones Fighter, Mac Davis House, Scratch And Sniff Labels, Quatrain Synonym, King Of Swords, Janmashtami Celebration, David Janssen, Alabama Quarterback 2018, Who Is Mother Earth In Greek Mythology, Viy 1967 Cast, Fruit Scone Recipe, Bear Payne 2019, Portugal Squad 2008, Pagal Iravai Kan Vizhithidava Song Lyrics In English, Matt Frewer The Stand, Wales Rugby Summer Tour 2021, Nanaimo Ladysmith Candidates 2020, Smiley Lyrics, Danika Yarosh Parents, How I Celebrate New Year, It's High Time Usage, How Much Colloidal Oatmeal To Add To Soap,

Leave a Reply