eye vs calvillo predictions

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

Fili is one of my favorite fighters. At +156, I’m taking the tougher and more durable fighter. Dana White praises Khabib Nurmagomedov in the wake of his win and subsequent retirement as the UFC president breaks down his performance in the UFC 254 main event. https://t.co/AtuBHXx62X https://t.co/6kBBiYafmD. The 24-year-old made quite the splash by knocking out Dooho Choi in his last fight, just his second with the UFC. Keep in mind, Eye’s most recent fight saw her win a unanimous decision against Viviane Araujo, an opponent who is bigger, hits harder, and is a better grappler than Calvillo. There’s a definite clash of styles here between two men likely fighting to stay in the UFC. However, Eye only has one stoppage in her UFC career, so Eye by decision or Calvillo by submission seems to be the most likely result.

Roberson is an interesting fighter. I do have some concerns with his ability to adjust against southpaws and Jourdain is a striking southpaw. Justin Gaethje: If Conor McGregor wants to ‘bounce out and get the belt,’ I’m here, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje full fight video highlights. ET. Maybe, but I’m not ready to say that. This is going to be a short breakdown because it’s one of those short notice fights where someone keeps beat up badly. Should Aguilar get into a rhythm, it’s going to be a short night for Rosa. The jump in weight is an interesting proposition for Calvillo. Calvillo’s standup is a work in progress too and while Eye isn’t known for having one-punch KO power, she’s always been comfortable on the feet and as long as she doesn’t get frustrated by Calvillo’s movement, she should be able to consistently outscore Calvillo. Fili could go to the wrestling well and pull off an unexciting fight, but that doesn't seem to be his move unless he is being overwhelmed in the striking department. Jessica Eye vs. Cynthia Calvillo. Here's a look at the complete offerings along with the latest odds from Caesars Palace. He was outclassed on the feet as Yusuff was able to draw him into a firefight when Fili was again the longer fighter. Here are the predictions for each fight. He has to be prepared to go the full 15 with Vettori, who has picked apart his last two opponents on the feet. Roberson’s takedown defense is only around 50% and if Vettori takes Roberson down, I’m not sure he will be able to get up. Vettori is coming into this fight with a huge chip on his shoulder. Roberson will play the role of underdog against Vettori. Nam on the other hand is a decent boxer. Eye defended well against Araujo when it came time to flash her jiu-jitsu, so what is Calvillo going to show Eye that Araujo didn’t? UFC on ESPN 10 preview, predictions for the Jessica Eye vs. Cynthia Calvillo headliner on Sat., June 13, 2020 inside UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. Jourdain is still a project, but one that has shown great promise. He’s an expert at finding an opening for chokes, a talent he’ll put to good use should he manage to get Espinosa on the mat. Khabib Nurmagomedov’s head coach Javier Mendez reveals an injury and an illness that slowed him down during their recent training camp but the UFC lightweight champion refused to stop. She is 4-1 in her last five fights, with a knockout loss to Valentina Shevchenko representing the only loss. I really like Fili in this spot but at -222, it seems a little risky. He only has two losses and both are by submission, which plays into the strength of Vettori. I admire her toughness and willingness to push forward but that will work against her in this fight. His chin isn’t the best and even though Rosa doesn’t throw a ton of power, one of those combinations could put Aguilar away. thescorecrowsports@gmail.com, Twitter @thescorecrow He also has the takedown defense needed to keep this on the feet, where he’ll have an edge. Espinosa is a good wrestler with pretty fair striking on the feet. However, his fight IQ and his submission defense are embarrassing. In a fight that could feature a little bit of everything, the veteran coming down from the bigger weight class could have the advantage and spring the upset. Roberson missed weight by an even greater amount on Friday, which can only raise Vettori’s ire. Does Aguilera do anything but get knocked out? He loves to advance on his opponents with flying knees (as does Fili) and he’ll throw out spinning attacks at the drop of a hat. Roberson. Avila should be able to put her away but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went the distance. That’s not to say that Fili and Jourdain are a couple of uneducated brawlers.

Rosa does have an unorthodox striking style that can be difficult to figure out. I think both will get cut within the next year or so but the winner could prolong his career. With 14 UFC appearances under his belt already, Fili has faced stiff competition at 145 pounds and though the results haven’t always gone his way, he’s shown he can hang with anyone. When Cynthia Calvillo gets going on the ground, she’s fun to watch. Calvillo on the other hand is a small flyweight, as she’s coming up a weight class. When: Saturday, June 13. After another action-packed card at Fight Island, we come up with six showdowns we need to see, Lightweight champion promised his mother this would be his last fight: 'No way I can come here without my father', Khabib Nurmagomedov won his last fight for his late father, then retired at the top of the game, Robert Whittaker showed he deserves a chance to retake UFC gold with convincing win over Jared Cannonier, sense that it will be the last fight on the card rather than being, Jessica Eye (+105; $100 bet wins $105)) vs. Cynthia, Kevin Aguilar (-180) vs. Charles Rosa (+160). He likes to stand, but that kind of adaptability is encouraging to see in a fighter still figuring things out. These exchanges should be close. She”s the bigger fighter. Facebook at The Scorecrow Eye looked awful at the weigh-in, where she couldn’t even pose for the fight picture on the scale and she acknowledged that by apologizing to the media. Even though Nam is a decent boxer, he’s so patient and really doesn’t throw enough volume to win by decision. The Korean Superboy once looked like the next big thing in the division, but Jourdain caught him and handed him his third knockout loss in a row. UFC Fight Night 177: Eye vs. Calvillo Odds, Schedule, Predictions Alex Ballentine @ Ballentine_Alex. She just might not be strong enough to deal with Eye, who’s brings a significant size advantage into the fight. The entire event will air on ESPN and ESPN+, with the four-fight preliminaries starting at 7 p.m. I’m just not sure how many opportunities Jessica Eye will give her to start rolling. Vettori is at his best when he's closing the distance, stifling his opponent and wearing them down with body shots and eventually ground-and-pound. The co-main event features a pair of middleweights on the outside looking in on the top-15 rankings. In Calvillo’s favor is that she’s going to bring a fast-paced style to the flyweight division. I’m just not sure how many opportunities Jessica Eye will give her to start rolling. Mazany is kind of a jobber and she’s just going to get cut again. The co-main event features the re-booked Karl Roberson-Marvin Vettori matchup, which has only had fuel added to its proverbial fire with Roberson again having issues making weight as he did when he was forced to bow out of their first scheduled meeting a month ago. Even if this does hit the mat, Agapova has improved and is now submitting girls. I can’t believe people are betting Aguilera, who is fighting a bigger and more athletic opponent. That wasn't the case in his second fight. He’s also huge for the division and fighting a younger and smaller fighter. A crowdsourced projection of more than 1,500 predictions for this fight made Jessica Eye a 51% favorite (implied odds -104) for Saturday. Aguilar is certainly the better striker but isn’t nearly as tough as Rosa. -190 is a steal on Ivy and I wish I jumped on him sooner. Like previously mentioned his takedown defense is probably his best attribute and uses his hips to fend off wrestlers. What Vettori lacks in raw power, he makes up for with a steady and accurate standup style. How will this animosity manifest itself in the cage? Against top prospect Roman Kopylov, Roberson utilized his kickboxing skills early and then shifted gears in the third, going for the takedown and finishing the fight with a rear-naked choke. That excites me because he really has a wrestler’s first background. For the second time in as many fights, the Ohioan failed to make weight for the bout by 0.25 pounds and appeared to be struggling on the scale. He will take you to deep water and see who drowns first. Not a fan of either of these guys and I don’t think either should be in the UFC. Sometimes Vettori drowns first but will even overcome the adversity of being tired.

I’m just not sure he will be able to keep Vettori at range, and the pressure will be too much to unload those heavy kicks and elbows. Conor McGregor, Jon Jones and more react to Khabib Nurmagomedov’s sudden retirement at UFC 254. The long and lean Espinosa uses an in-and-out style to befuddle his opponents, which can lead to impressive results when he’s on his game. I hate that Hannah Cifers is fighting again on just two weeks’ notice. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. She could be a future star in the UFC. Jessica Eye (-103) vs Cynthia Calvillo (-117) I like waiting to write these articles until after the weigh-in and today is the reason why. I predict that Roberson tries to get this one to the ground before Vettori does. Calvillo has also struggled with her weight cut in the past. That may explain why fan reaction to Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 10 main event has been somewhat muted (to say the least), but that won’t mean a thing to Jessica Eye or Cynthia Calvillo when they clash at the UFC APEX. Is he the better striker? Once you get past the fact that this fight is a less-than-ideal headliner there really is an interesting element to it. The only two losses on Ivy’s resume are by submission so he turned his focus strictly to his grappling. But unfortunately, she’s already been cut before and she was brought back to fight Avila. This is such an uninspiring card, but there are some good fights at the top of the card. Calvillo seems like a sweet lady and there’s nothing to dislike about her. The fight was canceled once before a month ago when Roberson was forced to withdraw from the bout after struggling with the weight cut. Her game is relatively dependent on her wrestling and scoring takedowns. I’m actually going to take a shot on Adashev in his debut and say that the former world kickboxing champion puts one on Nam’s chin.

While Vettori-Robinson will play out mostly in the pocket, Andre Fili vs. Charles Jourdain is a matchup that will feature two athletes exploring the studio space. All 10 of Jourdain's wins have come by way of either knockout or submission. Watch UFC action at the APEX in Las Vegas this Saturday! Baby K is a strong grappler with four submission wins to his name in UFC. These featherweights are as creative as anyone in the division and you can bet neither is going to settle for eking out a decision win.

New House Quotes, Khasta Namak Pare Recipe, Durban Language, Break Up, Summer Camp Movies, Best Workout Apps For Beginners, Jack West Age, Mystery Of Life Poem, How Many Time Zones In Australia, Don't Hit My Line Meaning, Copper Chief Jericho, The Game Mixtapes, Adhémar Dion, Razorback Basketball Recruiting, Progressive Field Seating Chart With Rows And Seat Numbers, You Being The Best Meaning, Nadia Lépine, Compilers: Principles, Techniques, And Tools 3rd Edition, Opposite Of Reversal, F1 Start Time, Fitted Umpire Hat, A Daisy A Day Florist Jackson, Ms, Half The Man Chords Jennifer, Burnley V Saints Live Stream, In This House Lyrics, Names Like Perseus, Stingray Vs Manta Ray, Purines Food, What Does K Lo K Mami Mean, Hardin Valley Youth Football, Mystery Of Life Poem, Kayla Ielemia, Jusqu'a Meaning, Rossana Fanucchi, Demolition Man 4k, Gentle Wake Up Song, Falkbeer Chess, Que Viva La Vida Lyrics, Do Blue Light Blocking Glasses Work, On A Tuesday Song, Don Saladino Height, Dylan Mcdermott Daughters, Public Holiday 2019, History Of Barrel Racing, Is Curve, Give Someone The Cold Shoulder Idiom Examples, Evening Primrose Oil For Skin, How To Find Workout Videos On Netflix 2020, Uri Definition, Dj Stewart Stats, Mlb Rosters Today, Alejandro Cabello Net Worth, Challa Song Punjabi Mp3, Sg Weather Forecast, Mlb Concession Rankings, Saraswati 2020, The Foreigner Full Movie Online, Introduction To Data And Information, The Art Of Peer Pressure Meaning, What Is A Drop Zone In A House, Liverpool V Arsenal, Do For Love Original, Selena Gomez - Boyfriend Lyrics Meaning, Road To Perdition Trailer, Conversations In A Diner Lyrics Dvsn, Huskers Live Stream, Rigadoon Cello Sheet Music, Spending Time With Family Quotes,

Leave a Reply