country song about a red truck

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

Woodrow Wilson "Red" Sovine (July 17, 1918 — April 4, 1980) was a country music singer. Something about a truck in a field And a girl in a red sundress with an ice cold beer to her lips Begging for another kiss Something about you and me and the birds and the bees And Lord have mercy it's a beautiful thing Ain't nothing about it luck, something about a truck Ain't nothing about it luck, something about a truck Yea. Still have questions? The most famous example of this is his 1976 number one hit "Teddy Bear". Correct lyrics. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Red Simpson - I'm A Truck (Vinyl, LP) at Discogs", "Truck Driving Lyrics - Hello, I'm A Truck (Bob Stanton) - Red Simpson", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I%27m_a_Truck&oldid=960169789, Articles needing additional references from October 2016, All articles needing additional references, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 1 June 2020, at 13:47. Red Simpson is an American country singer-songwriter best known for his trucker-themed songs. He was associated with truck driving songs, particularly those recited as narratives, but set to music. In 1971, Hello, I'm a Truck peaked at #1 on the Record World singles chart. [2], Producer Gene Breeden had been looking for artists for his label, Portland Limited, when he received a song called "I'm a Truck" from songwriter Robert Stanton. In the former instance, a "Volkswagen bus full of hippies passed us like I was sitting up on jacks"; in the latter case, if it hadn't been for the truck's efforts to stay on the road, "we'd have both wound up in the ditch.". "Truck Drivin' Man" is a popular country song written and recorded by Terry Fell in 1954. Can anyone tell me what this song is? "Truck Drivin' Man" is a popular country song written and recorded by Terry Fell in 1954. 3 on the country charts. Why are a lot of female country stars blonde? "Truck Drivin' Man" is also covered by Nordre Sving Blandede Mannskor og Orkester as "Trailersjåfør", with Norwegian lyric by Finn Sidselrud. What make of truck is the most "country boy," would you say: Ford, Chevy/GMC or Dodge/Ram? Born in 1918 in Charleston, West Virginia, he was taught how to play guitar by h… That fall, it was picked up for national distribution by Capitol Records. "I'm a Truck" is a song made famous by country music singer Red Simpson. She gets upset at something. Originally released in 1971, the song — sometimes known as "Hello, I'm a Truck" — became Simpson's biggest hit single, reaching No. [3], Although the song is about truck driving, "I'm a Truck" is specifically about life on the road through the eyes of a truck. Get your answers by asking now. Others who have recorded the song include Ricky Nelson, Boxcar Willie, Charley Pride, Bill Anderson, Conway Twitty, Jimmy Martin, Dave Dudley, Red Simpson, Jim & Jesse, Charlie Walker, The Flying Burrito Brothers, George Hamilton IV, Glen Campbell, New Riders of the Purple Sage,[3] Willie Nelson, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, Anthony Field, Plainsong, David Allan Coe, Leon Russell, Toby Keith, Aaron Tippin, Robert Walker, the J. Geils Band, and Canadian musicians Stompin' Tom Connors and Dick Nolan. After bemoaning his thankless situation of never getting credit for the truck driver's job well done, he continues to muse about his life: The trucker flirts with waitresses but never tips them; he winds up parked next to a smelly cattle truck (instead of a pink Mack with "pretty mudflaps" and chromed stacks); the trucker beats on the tires with an iron (the truck wishes aloud he'd have "a flat on the inside dual" to teach the driver a lesson); and the trucker will probably "take out that tape cartridge of Buck Owens and play him again" (instead of the artist that the truck apparently really enjoys, Merle Haggard).

Party Pieces Catalogue, Hockey Jersey Vector, Tumut Real Estate Rural, The Lizzie Mcguire Movie Cast Isabella, How Far Is Paris, Ontario From Toronto, There Are No Fakes Rotten Tomatoes, The Rolling Green Wave, Row Your Boat Meaning, Salvation In A Sentence, Jaded Towards Love, Mane And Tail The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Wagga To Canberra, The Corner Bar Progressive Field Reviews, Aata Majhi Satakli Picture, Hamlet's Mill Audiobook, Meg Lanning School, Lunges Muscles, Sec Gymnastics Rankings 2020, Bob Pearson Air Canada Flight 143, San Jose State Football Stadium, Hanuman Jayanti Date 2018, Love Of Mine Lyrics, Aveeno Oatmeal Body Wash, Dna Full Form In Medical Science, How To Say Take Care Of Your Health, Abc West Live Stream, Right Back Where We Started From Parent Trap, What Does The Higgs Boson Do, Sls Vs Falcon Heavy, Squats With Weights, 1982 Louisiana Tech Women's Basketball Roster, King And The Sting Merch, Navratri Colours Maharashtra, Coming In Hot Lyrics, Ready Player One Sequel, Valtteri Bottas Height, Kapolei Population, A Trak Dmc, Mendocino Day Trip, Asia Monet 2020 Age, Microsoft Intune Pricing, In The Line Of Duty 4 Full Movie English Version, Narcocorrido Singers, Teala Dunn Net Worth, Brighton V Newcastle Tv Channel, Pray To God, Man City Vs Wolves Results 2018, Run The Jewels Albums, Election Kelowna, Bunraku Netflix, Ngannou Knockout Rozenstruik, Vileda Spray Mop Replacement Pad, Luke Rockhold Model Ralph Lauren, Don't Look Into My Eyes Quotes, Kompany Testimonial Petrov, Travis Scott - Quintana Lyrics, How Many Days Left For Durga Puja 2020, Slime Belief Lyrics, Ronda Rousey Instagram, Thatcher Hotel Hopland, Quantum Leap'' Catch A Falling Star Cast, Davis Hydrocortisone Spray, Who Sings You Can Always Count On Me, Big Bird Around The World, Gnc Lean Shake Success Stories, One Championship Filipino Fighters, Army Reserve Annual Training Requirements, Why Did The Battle Of Pinkie Happen, Moca Museum Bangkok Ticket, Leicester 0-2 Man City, That's What Makes You Beautiful Lyrics, Best Veteran Owned Clothing Companies, King And The Sting Merch, The Myth Song Lyrics, Snake Venom Farm, California High School Football Covid, Words To Describe Patient Care, Khloe Kardashian 2010 Vs 2020, Kazakhstan V Albania Prediction, Blue Vinyl Record, Whose Line Is It Anyway 2020 Host, Renegade Board Game Online, Dreamer Song, Copperhead Road Line Dance Variations, Ajax Url Path, Bbq Smoke Stack Damper, Sochi F1 2020, Low Band Songs, Leicester 0-2 Man City, What Is The Black Population In Waco Texas,

Leave a Reply