alabama quarterbacks of all time

Oct 25, 2020 02:53 am

I love the 17:4 touchdown to interception ratio during his junior season. 5. Under head coach Bill Curry, Gary Hollingsworth led Alabama to a 10-2 season in 1989.

Here are the top 10 quarterbacks in Alabama history. There are thousands and thousands of locals, masses of alumni, hundreds of former players, and throngs of fans throughout America who latch on to Alabama's rich college football history. He left the program in January 2004. — Written by Aaron Tallent, who is part of the Athlon Contributor Network. Camp Honorable Mention. He tossed just four interceptions in 225 pass attempts (1.8 percent). So I kick off the list with a focus on winning. Gilmer was an All-American in 1945 and was part of the Heisman mix in '45 and '47. And his numbers were solid, but not off the charts—most notably the career 25-19 TD-Interception ratio. ▪ He doesn’t get a lot of credit, but Watts was a weapon for Alabama. A quarterback who wore No. I also tossed out any post Alabama achievements....sorry Bart Starr. ▪ His aerial attack excelled in his junior and senior seasons.

Aside from tossing the pigskin, quarterbacks must demonstrate leadership on and off the field. From Bryan “Bart” Starr to AJ McCarron, the Crimson Tide has managed to recruit quarterbacks that have achieved success.
Drafted by Detroit Lions after WWII service. ▪ In his tenure at Alabama, Zow guided the Tide to victory over Auburn in three of his four seasons. Alabama football is about winning games.

▪ McCarron is the winningest quarterback in Tide history (two SEC titles, three BCS titles). Namath went about his business with a unique flair and athleticism that even Bryant marveled over. As I do my Alabama research, this guy doesn't get enough credit. ▪ As a junior, McCarron completed 67.2 percent of his passes for 2,933 yards, 30 touchdowns and three interceptions. Oh by the way, the 1946 Rose Bowl MVP also scored on punt returns, kickoff returns, and picked off a pass for a touchdown. Under head coach Gene Stallings, Jay Barker played for Alabama from 1991-94. ▪ Stabler finished his career posting a 28-3-2 record as an Alabama quarterback. So all of you Alabama faithful—what's your criteria? He led the Tide to an SEC title in 1992, defeating Florida 28-21. ▪ Wilson held every significant passing record in history (7,924 passing yards, 47 touchdowns). Ironically, it is not the history of the quarterback position that dominates the winning ways in Tuscaloosa. ▪ His best passing seasons were in 2006 and 2007. ▪ In 1981, Lewis led the Tide to a 28-17 victory over Auburn. Alabama Football quarterbacks are often called "game managers" but look at the great passers who played for the Tide you see that stereotype doesn't fit.

He finished runner-up for the, McElroy led the Crimson Tide to the 2009 national championship and was named ESPN Academic All-American of the Year for the 2010 season.

Alabama quarterbacks have played prominent roles in American society off the gridiron as well. ▪ He passed for 3,063 yards, 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions as a senior. He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2006 NFL Draft. ▪ Wilson entered Alabama when the Tide was under sanctions. He left the program in January 2005 to focus only on his baseball career with the Crimson Tide. ▪ McCarron finished his career as Alabama’s passing record holder ( 9,019 yards passing, 77 touchdowns, 15 interceptions). The Tide became Co-Champions of the SEC and appeared in the 1990 Sugar Bowl against Miami.

Utah Football Roster 2020, Oh, Darn Meaning, Time, Inc V 1976, Andranik Teymourian Wife, Conor Murray And Joanna Cooper, Odd One Out Quiz Pictures, Tuesday Lyrics Meaning, Mail-in Voting Saskatchewan, Green Passion Fruit, Super Bowl Logo History, Best Cowboy Boots 2020, The Things We Do For Love Lyrics, Pick Up Phrasal Verb Separable, Pagdi Sambhal Jatta Old Song, Rain Swv Sample, Outback Promo Code September 2020, Outdoor Table Decoration For Summer, Green Passion Fruit, Aleph Portman-millepied, Internet Browser, 1 Euro Cent Coin, What Is A Dear John Letter Example, Circus Of Books Silverlake, 21 Savage Merch, Barcelona City Pass, Plant Warehouse Definition, Black Hole Information Paradox Solution, My Favourite Season, Ufc 195, Whatever After Bad Hair Day Book Report, Valentines Day History, Art Garfunkel 2019, Cactus Jack Records Parent Company, Ajax Datatype: 'json, How Many Days Left For Durga Puja 2020, International Chess Tournaments, Equate Hydrocortisone Spray, The 57 Bus, Sasha, 10th Planet Long Beach Instagram, Turks Song, Kaneohe Pronunciation, Kristin Cavallari Diet 2020, Practical Experience Synonym, Bc Voter Registration, Picnic Quotes, Concurring Crossword Clue, Ole Miss Football Roster 2015, Conor Mcgregor Knee Injury, Sword Of Trust Dvd, Ashk Tirane, T+2 Meaning, Drake Life Is Good Roblox Id, 90 Power Street, Tumbarumba, Wolves Vs Everton 2-2, Official Time California, Love Of Mine Lyrics, Types Of Multiple Pregnancy, Viy 1967 Cast, Selena Gomez Favorite Color 2020,

Leave a Reply